It makes a lot of sense to bring a monocular with you when you’re hunting because it helps you find your prey. It’s much easier to carry as it’s half the size and half the weight of binoculars. The best hunting monoculars are also easier to use. You also don’t want to use your scope as your makeshift monocular. It’s not exactly safe when you bring the barrel of your rifle to bear on other hunters in the area.
Bringing a monocular to a hunt is an easy decision. Picking the right hunting monocular among so many options is a bit more challenging. To help you out, we’ve picked several excellent options for you to choose from:
This is the very popular Miluo Tech monocular, and it’s easy to see why it’s such a bestseller.
It has 16X magnification and 52mm objective diameter. The field of view (FOV) is 98m/8000m. It’s very compact with a length of just 5.7 inches and a weight of 3.2 ounces. The focus can be adjusted from the front and back. It also comes with a detachable hand strap.
- You get a sight that’s very bright and very clear while you have a wide field of view.
- This can even work with low light conditions such as dusk.
- It’s small enough too that you can operate it with just one hand.
- It’s also very rugged so you can drop it and it won’t break. It can even withstand a bit of splashing.
- It’s not really completely waterproof. This means you don’t want to drop it in a stream, and even heavy rain can be a problem.
Take this with you wherever you go, and it’s as if you can always get courtside seats at any time.
Monocular Telescope 16x52, Fdorla High Powered Monocular Scopes Dual Focus Optics Waterproof/Anti-Fog Spotting Scopes [Low-Light-Level Night Vision]For Outdoor Hiking, Hunting, Camping, Bird Watching
This is another good choice, as its build quality is quite high. This one is also good for all weather conditions.
This offers 10X magnification, and the objective diameter measures 52mm. The FOV is 66m/8000m and it offers dual focus adjustment. It’s 5.9 inches long with a diameter of 2 inches.
- With the really large objective diameter and the magnification at just 10X at the most, the clarity and brightness of the sight are stunning.
- It works for low light conditions too.
- You can also use this in one hand, and it’s easy to carry. You even get a carrying bag for it, as well as a convenient neck strap.
- It’s also waterproof and fogproof, so you can use it in the rain.
- The field of view is somewhat narrower.
Now you can bring a monocular for rainy outdoor events.
Ohuhu 12x50 Waterproof Binocular for Birds Watching/Hunting/Camping/Hiking Armoring/Sightseeing/Surveillance/Races (monocular)
Some of the entries on this list cost more than $200, but this costs less than $10. Yet its quality is definitely not cheap. It comes with features that you see in monoculars that cost double its price.
This offers 8X magnification with 40mm objective lens diameter. The FOV is 66m/8000m and it features dual focus too. It measures 6 inches long and 2 inches in diameter, and weighs 8.5 ounces. It comes with an extra-long lanyard, a pouch, and a cleaning cloth.
- You get a good quality monocular at a bargain basement price.
- It’s easy to use.
- You can just strap the lanyard around your neck.
- The image quality and the low magnification don’t work too well for bird-watching.
Kids will love this a lot, and you’ll love it too because it doesn’t cost much.
Telescope Monocular, 10X42 Dual Focus Monocular Telescope, Prism Film Optics, Tripod Capable, Waterproof, Monocular Scope for Bird Watching/ Hunting/ Camping/ Hiking / Golf/ Concert/ Surveillance
Oh MeeQee, you’re so fine. That’s the general reaction to this monocular that’s a bit geared towards adult (and senior citizen) users.
This comes with 10X magnification, and the image clarity and brightness are enhanced by the 42mm objective lens along with the special multicoated lenses. The eyecups are adjustable, so it’s ideal if you also wear glasses. It also features a larger focus wheel. It’s dustproof, shockproof, and waterproof. There’s also an interface for tripods. It comes with a carrying bag, neck strap, and lens cloth.
- It’s tough enough to handle outdoor conditions.
- You can easily use this with just one hand due to the larger focus wheel.
- The eyecups accommodate eyeglass wearers.
- It’s super tough.
- It’s great for bird watching.
- It can be used at might with low light.
- It comes with instructions that simply don’t help much.
It’s great for seniors on the go.
Now if you need a magnifier to go behind your rifle scope, this may be what you’re looking for. Because of its specialized usage, it’s not a monocular that kids can use. It’s a serious tool and not a toy, and its $200 price tag indicates that strongly.
This offers 3X magnification to help out with your red dot sights. It has a push-button design that disengages the flip-mount, so you have magnified (or not) views at any time you want. The optics are all fully multicoated.
This is sealed tightly to keep dust and water out, and it doesn’t fog too.
- The glass quality is similar to what you get with models that cost 3 times as much.
- The mount is very solid.
- The price is nice.
- It’s waterproof and fogproof.
- It won’t stand for regular harsh use.
Just use it, don’t abuse it, and you’ll be fine.
OUTERDO 10 Magnification 16x52 Dual Focus Monocular Telescope Camping Wildlife Hunting Surveillance Traveling Scope Waterproof Monocular Optics Zoom Bright
Now we’re back to the much more affordable handheld monoculars. Despite the 16×52 designation that’s not quite accurate (the “16” refers to the diameter of the eye lens, not the magnification), it has going for it.
This offers 10X magnification to go with a 52mm objective lens. The coating and other special features can help relieve eye fatigue. The handwheel bump makes it much easier to adjust, and the design is waterproof, and fogproof. It also comes with a pouch, a strap, and a lens cloth.
- It’s very easy to adjust.
- The image is sharp and bright and it works with low light at night.
- It can help prevent eye fatigue.
- It works well spotting for wildlife.
- It’s not completely waterproof, so get it out of heavy rain.
As long as you don’t hunt (or go sightseeing) in heavy rain, this’ll work well.
Have you tried to MacGyver a setup so you can record a video using a monocular? Now this time that’s already been done for you.
This lets you record a video with up to 5X magnification. This even has infrared that lets you see and record at night up to a distance of 350 meters. It’s also able to transmit live to a TV monitor. You can mount this on a tripod, and it’s water-resistant. You’ll need 4 AA batteries to operate this.
- You can easily record what you see.
- You can also see and record videos at night.
- It has a wide field of view.
- You can mount it on a tripod for a steady image.
- It’s only up to 5X magnification.
You can make your own Animal Planet videos, or record nighttime concerts and football games.
If you only go out at night, then this is the monocular you need.
This offers 4X magnification and 50mm objective lens. It’s small enough to hold in one hand, and it has infrared for night time use.
- It offers a very clear and bright image.
- It works in the dark.
- It works only in very low light conditions, and not during the day.
- You have to adjust it at both ends.
Now you can party at night and capture the memories.
Wingspan Optics Outdoorsman 8X42 Compact Wide View Monocular for Deliciously Bright, Crisp Images. One Hand Focus. Lightweight, Waterproof, Fogproof, Tripod Capable. for Bird Watching and Hiking
This may be perfect for birdwatchers, but it’s also great for hunters.
This offers 8X magnification, with an FOV of 388 feet at 1,000 yards. It’s proofed against drop impact, dust, water, slipping, and fogging. The eyecup is adjustable, and the focus wheel can be adjusted with one hand.
- This is one rugged monocular.
- The wide view helps with finding prey or birds to watch.
- The adjustable eyecups accommodate eyeglasses.
- It even comes with free bird watching ebooks.
- The lens caps are attached.
- You can mount this on a tripod.
- If only it had night vision.
All its feature help you find what you’re looking for.
Enkeeo 16X52 Dual Focus Monocular, Fully Multi-Coated Telescope, Single Hand Operation, Water-Resistant Optics Zoom Monocular Scope for Bird Wildlife Viewing, Concerts, Hunting, Surveillance
Now this really offers 16X magnification. The targets aren’t only closer, but all the details are clear and bright.
The 16X magnification comes with a 52mm objective lens. The optics are fully multicoated, the external armor comes with a non-slip grip, and it’s lightweight at 7 ounces. It’s also water-resistant and protected against dust. The eyecups are adjustable too.
- The 16X magnification is excellent.
- The image is very sharp and well-lit.
- It’s easy to use and carry.
- You can use it with eyeglasses.
- You have to adjust 2 rings to focus.
This actually works very well in finding game when you’re out hunting.
To help you further understand the Enko Monocular, below is a short unbiased review of the product:
This tool is quite handy for hunting. It can give a clear view of the distance as well as providing you a comfort use with just one hand.
These may be the best hunting monoculars 2017 has to offer, but that doesn’t mean that you’re limited to using these just for hunting. Bring this along when you’re enjoying nature while hiking or camping, when you’re sightseeing as a tourist, or you’re watching a play, a sports game, or a concert. With the best hinting monoculars, you’ll feel much closer to the action!