Finding a good rangefinder doesn’t have to stress you out, as long as you know what you’re looking for. Having a laser rangefinder can make activities even easier because the laser sight creates higher precision while targeting. They have multiple uses, but are most commonly used for hunting and fishing to find prey to shoot or catch, respectively.
|First Choice||Nikon 8397 ACULON AL11 Laser Rangefinder||$$||4.3/5|
|Second Choice||Uineye Laser Rangefinder||$#||4.2/5|
|Third Choice||Sig Sauer 4x20 KILO850 Laser Rangefinder SIGSOK85401||$$||4.8/5|
There is a pretty large selection of laser rangefinders, but how do you find the best laser rangefinders for you? Finding the perfect device for your needs boils down to the specifications that you require for your outdoor activities, so here, we’ll cover some of the best ones on the market.
Where Do You Begin to Look for Laser Rangefinders?
Looking around online or at sporting goods retailers can be a good place to start, but we’ve gathered five of the best ones right here, starting with the Nikon 8397 ACULON AL11 Laser Rangefinder model. Nikon is widely known for its cameras, so you can expect the optics on their rangefinder to be superior to most.
It’s palm-sized, so it’s really compact and easily portable, as well as being super lightweight. It has a twenty second scan time and automatically shuts off after eight seconds to save battery life. It has an instant power up for precise, efficient use while you’re out hunting, too. Giving you a short idea about the product, below is a quick video summary:
Unfortunately, the size may be an issue for users with larger hands, and the distance ranging may be less accurate past about three hundred feet or so. If you need a rangefinder that will stay on while you’re not using it, this is not the product for you.
The next product comes from LaserWorks with the LW1000PRO model. It has a camouflage colored coating so it won’t be easily visible, and boasts super simple operation with single button operations. It also has an automatic shutdown feature, like the Nikon model, after fifteen seconds.
LaserWorks LW1000PRO Laser Rangefinder for Hunting Golf,Fog measurement,Waterproof,Black Rangefinder
It’s just as lightweight as the Nikon rangefinder, without being as small, so users with larger hands will probably prefer this one over the Nikon. The range on this one also reaches up to one thousand yards—more than most other rangefinders.
One downside is that, if you don’t already know what you’re doing, you may find it hard to operate because the instruction manual is difficult to understand. If you have trouble with battery compartments, you may want a different rangefinder, because this one might be a little harder to open than most.
What Else is Available for Rangefinders?
Next in line is the Sig Sauer 4x20 KILO850 Laser Rangefinder SIGSOK85401. This particular rangefinder is readily available for purchase and looks to be a pretty great option in the way of the best laser rangefinders.
- It’s got a great LCD display with anti-reflection coatings for superior quality viewing. It also has attachment capability and a lanyard for easy portability. It also has good range capability for long distances and it does so with immense speed.
- The display might be hard to see in low light, though, because it isn’t backlit, and it doesn’t show the distance in meters, so that can be a deal breaker for more serious hunters. In the way of downsides, it doesn’t seem to have very many.
- You can also find the Simmons 801600 Volt 600 Laser Rangefinder among the best laser rangefinders, and with good reason. It has 4x magnification capability, and can range anywhere from ten to six hundred yards. It’s also compact, so it’s easy to carry on your hunting trips.
- This weather-resistant model is really user-friendly with its single button control, and it’s extremely accurate to within a single yard of your target. The in-view LCD display is another big point for hunters, making it easy to use and range with.
- Unfortunately, the rangefinder may require multiple button clicks to accurately range a target since it picks up small branches and vines that may be in the way. If you’re going to be using it pretty frequently, the battery life may not last as long as you would like. It may also have trouble ranging out longer distances than some other rangefinders.
Have You Found the Best Laser Rangefinder Yet?
Last in the lineup is the Uineye Laser Rangefinder. While it’s larger than some others, it features an extensive list of specifications, like the clear, precise display that shows measurements easily. It also has a multilayered lens and can measure different heights and angles that can make your trip more productive. Even though it’s larger than others, it’s still lightweight and easy to carry.
Uineye Laser Rangefinder - Range : 5-1600 Yards, 0.33 Yard Accuracy, Golf Rangefinder with Height, Angle, Horizontal Distance Measurement Perfect for Hunting, Golf, Engineering Survey (Black)
The Uineye has a spectacular range that measure up to sixteen hundred yards with about a foot accuracy. As far as accuracy, this is the best laser rangefinder you’ll find on the market. It also has a scan mode with 8x magnification and a lithium battery.
For those who enjoy seeing in feet, however, this model only works in the metrics system, so you will need to know how to convert into the standard system if you want to get the most out of this model’s accuracy. The battery also doesn’t come with the product, so you’ll have to purchase it separately.
Is one of these five rangefinders the best one for you? Do they meet the optical specifications that you require, or do you need more portability? Will you choose the Nikon model with its superior sight or the Uineye model with premium accuracy? The choice is all yours, and there’s no need to keep hunting, whether it’s for a new rangefinder or because you missed a shot without one.
Finding the best laser rangefinders is easy when you know what you’re looking for. Different rangefinders are better for different activities, so you need to know if you’ll be using it for hunting, golfing, or some other activity. Whether you need serious portability or superior accuracy, you can find exactly what you require right here. These five models are the best of the best, and you’re sure to be thrilled with any of them.