2016 was a terrific year for golf, as it produced new winners for all the 4 Majors, it showcases the arrival of Andrew “Beef” Johnston, and it heralded the return of the legendary Tiger Woods. This was also a year that proved fantastic with excellent golf rangefinders to choose from. Now you can enjoy these models at a price that’s lower than when these rangefinders first came out.
|First Choice||Bushnell Tour V4 JOLT Golf Laser Limited Edition Rangefinder||$$$||4.7/5|
|Second Choice||TecTecTec VPRO500 Golf Rangefinder||$$||4.4/5|
|Third Choice||Bushnell Tour V4 Patriot Pack Golf Laser Rangefinder||$$$||4.4/5|
TecTecTec VPRO500 Golf Rangefinder - Laser Range Finder with Pinsensor - Laser Binoculars - Free Battery
This is one good example of a 2016 rangefinder that’s still top of the line today. It’s accurate up to within a yard, and it can measure up to 540 yards. It has different modes for various golfing situations, and you can use it to find the distance to the pin wooded areas, hazards, or to a possible landing spot.
- It’s extremely easy to use, and the yardage readings appear immediately.
- The 6x magnification lets you see what’s out there with great clarity.
- The case is great, and the unit itself is very compact and lightweight.
The customer support here is also legendary in their helpfulness, so if you have questions or complaints you’ll get a refund or a replacement right away.
This 4th version of the Bushnell Tour offers significant improvements over the previous V3. This is now much more ergonomic and it is 30% more compact. The processor is also much faster now, so you get yardage readings virtually instantaneously. This is rainproof and sturdy with 2-year warranty, and it’s legal to use in tournament play.
The Jolt technology confirms with short bursts of vibration that it has indeed locked on to the pin and not to any other object. You can get measurements up to 1,000 yards, and 400 yards to the pin. It comes with 5x magnification, so you can see details regarding your likely targets and landing spots
- This is very easy to bring along with you on a golf course, as it’s small and light.
- It works very well and quite accurate in its yardage readings.
- It’s also very sturdy and you don’t have to worry if it rains a bit.
- It doesn’t have slope readings, but then you have to turn that feature off anyway so you can use a rangefinder legally in a tournament.
So bring this along with you when you’re playing in a tournament. It’s absolutely legal to use, and when it comes to golf you need all the help you can legally get!
What’s the difference between this and the plain Bushnell Tour V4 Jolt? Well, it’s true that this Patriot Pack comes with the Tour V4. But this is a pack, which means it also comes with a premium carry case and a battery is also included. It even comes with a protective silicone skin that provides additional protection to your Tour V4.
- This has the Tour V4, which is excellent as a golf rangefinder and even legal to sue in tournament play.
- The case is much better with this pack and you get more protection for your rangefinder. The protective silicone skin also helps make sure that you don’t accidentally damage the unit.
- You already get your battery for the rangefinder, so you don’t have to experiment to find which one is the best.
- This cannot ship internationally, so if you’re not in the US you’re out of luck.
Coping up with some of the details we might have missed out in mentioning, here is the Tour V4 Rangefinder video review:
Basically, this is just offered for US golf players. This explains the use of “Patriot” in the name, just in case you missed it. If you’re getting a Tour V4 and you’re in the US, you might as well get this pack to help ensure that your rangefinder gets maximum protection.
There’s no denying the fact that a good golf rangefinder can really improve your game and club selection. But it doesn’t mean you need to spend a fortune on the latest releases. Find the proven designs from 2016, and you can still enjoy premium features but at a lower price point.