For some people, being able to see clearly even at night is a necessity. There are hobbies and professions which require people to have good night vision, but our naked eyes have limits, especially when we need to see things from a distance. Fortunately, there are tools that can come in handy, such as night vision monoculars under $500 and binoculars. These tools incorporate different technology to allow users to be able to see things clearly even in low lights or in total darkness.
|First Choice||Night Owl iGEN 20/20 Day/Night Vision Monocular (3x)||$$$||4.1/5|
|Second Choice||Bushnell Equinox Z Digital Night Vision Monocular, 6x 50mm||$$$||4/5|
|Third Choice||Yukon Advanced Optics NV 5x60 Night Vision Monocular with Free Trophy Score Software||$$$||4.5/5|
|Fourth Choice||Digital Night Monocular, Bestguarder 6x50mm Digital Night Vision Monocular||$$$||5/5|
If you need to have a night vision monocular or binocular, it is important for you to know the features that you should look for. That way, you will not have any regrets with your purchase. To give you great ideas, below are reviews of some of the best night vision monoculars and binoculars that you can consider.
Digital Night Monocular, Bestguarder 6x50mm Digital Night Vision Monocular with HD 1.5 inch TFT LCD Detection Range 350m/1150ft Camera & Camcorder Function Takes 5mp Photo & 720p Video
This monocular from Bestguarder is known for its outstanding optical clarity and high performance digital night vision capability. It has great features which make it one of the best in the market today.
- It has 4x magnification, 1-5x digital zoom, and a 50mm objective lens for a high performance and clearer night vision.
- It can take 2592x 1944 pixel or 1600×1200 high definition pictures and 1280×720 pixel or 640×480 video with sound. Date, time, and GPS ID can also be stamped on photo or video.
- It has a timelapse function to take photos or videos at a preset time automatically.
- It can be used day or night and has a built-in infrared illuminator for up to 980 feet or 3oo meters viewing distance in full darkness.
- It has an SD card slot for extended storage. It also has a USB slot so it can be connected to a computer for data transfer.
- It has a long lasting battery power and operates on 4 AA batteries.
- It has a user friendly interface.
- Perfect for hunting, fishing, and other outdoor adventures since it is also weather and waterproof.
- It can be held comfortably even with one hand.
- It has a great quality at an affordable price.
- It gives off a red glow when you use the infrared button so it could also give away your location.
The Bestguarder WG80 is a high definition surveillance monocular which has all the great features that you may need. It has infrared illuminator and is waterproof which makes it great for any weather condition. It also has the capacity to capture photos and videos and can be used any time of the day and even night.
This monocular from Night Owl sets the bar of night vision high with its new technology and stunning form factor.
- It has a powerful infrared illuminator which comes in three modes.
- The wattage adjusts automatically for different levels of darkness.
- It has 2.6x magnification and an adjustable light amplification from 300x to 10000x.
- It has an adjustable exposure time to enhance light gathering capability.
- It can be used both in daytime and nighttime and can amplify ambient light up to 650 times.
- It can capture images and record videos to an external device.
- It is powered by 4 AA batteries.
- It is well balanced and comfortable to hold, even with its unique style.
- It is easy to use with only three buttons to be operated.
- It is excellent for outdoor viewing.
- The ocular and objective lenses provide adjustment for your eyesight and also lets you adjust focus based on the distance of what you are viewing.
- It is a bit heavy for a monocular and a little bulky as well.
- The infrared diode glows bright red so it is not advisable to be used if you want to remain hidden.
The Night Owl iGen 20/20 Night Vision Monocular is another great consideration if you want a monocular which can provide high quality image even in dark conditions. It can record images and videos and can be adjusted to get the best possible images in different situations and conditions.
For an added information and amusement, here is a short video review of the night owl iGen Monocular:
It briefly discuss the features of the product, how easy it is to use and how it is worth the product price.
This monocular from Pulsar is a multi-functional and durable night vision device that gives clear and high resolution images across its field of view.
- It magnifies up to 2.7x.
- It can function as goggles, monocles, and riflescope.
- It has a built-in infrared illuminator and an additional illumination mounting point.
- It has two diametrically-positioned tripod sockets which allows for head mounted observation as well as mounting on a ¼ inch tripod socket.
- It operates with a single switch which activates the device and the IR illuminator.
- It has a metal and plastic housing which ensures durability and reliability.
- The body is protected against water and dust so it can be used in any condition and in long lasting operations.
- It is also scratch proof.
- Perfect for a wide range of applications such as outdoor activities, hunting, military, and sport games.
- It is a bit large and has a heavy front lens assembly.
If you are looking for a durable night vision monocular that you can use in any outdoor activity, without worrying about causing damage to the device, then the Pulsar Challenger GS Super 1+ 2.7×50 Night Vision Monocular might be a great choice.
We might have missed out with some important details about the Pulsar Challenger Monocular, here is a quick video review:
It is fairly very easy to use and operate. It provides you with the necessary brightness at night and a detailed vision of what you are looking.
The NV 5×60 monocular from Yukon is another great night vision device with a built-in infrared emitter, which allows for the monitoring of up to 300 meters distance in total darkness.
- It has high magnification because of its long-focus objective lens with a large optical diameter which is 60mm.
- It can detect objects even from a long distance due to its 5 power magnification, high resolution, and long-focus objective lens.
- It has a built-in IR illuminator for observing images even in total darkness.
- It is photo and video adaptable, and can produce bright and crisp images with a resolution of 40 lines/mm.
- It is water and fog resistant, which makes it ideal for travels and outdoor use.
- It is durable because of its plastic casing.
- It can be used even for prolonged hours as it is also adaptable to tripod.
- The quality of the images exceeds expectations.
- It is a little more expensive than other monoculars.
The Yukon NV 5×60 is another impressive night vision device that you might want to consider, especially if you are planning to use a monocular for hours. It is lightweight, compact, and delivers optimum viewing performance, as expected from Yukon Advanced Optics which is a worldwide leader in its industry.
The Equinox Z digital night vision monocular from Bushnell will allow you to enjoy outstanding clarity and an unparalleled field of view because of its great features.
- It has 6x optical magnification and a digital zoom from 6.6 to 18x.
- It has 50mm objective lens.
- It increases light transmission and decreases glare because of its fully multicoated optics.
- It has a built-in infrared illuminator with three adjustable intensity levels.
- It has a display which shows colored images during daytime and black and white at night for greater contrast.
- It has 640×480 resolution for photos and videos in JPEG and NTSC/PAL formats respectively.
- It shuts off automatically after ten minutes if no buttons are pressed.
- It is water resistant so it can be used in any weather conditions.
- It can be mounted to a tripod for prolonged use.
- It has fast shutter speed so photos will not appear blurred with a slight movement.
- The IR illuminator emits a red glow so it cannot be used in stealth mode.
- The ON/OFF button is positioned too close to the other buttons.
The Bushnell Equinox Z Digital Night Vision Monocular is another product that can be considered by those who like taking pictures using a monocular and intend to use it for hours. Its auto shut off feature also works great for those who would like to save on battery power.
There are a lot of monoculars available in the market, depending on your needs and preferences. The five products that were reviewed can be considered as some of the best because of their great features and impressive specifications. All of them promise and deliver high definition output so it now boils down to personal inclination as well as the budget.