Long range shooting is a skill that’s very well respected among shooters. In the battlefield, snipers can use pinpoint accuracy to take out targets more safely and there’s a psychological advantage as well. Hunters with this skill can also take out prey without spooking them with their presence using the best rangefinders for long range shooting.
|First Choice||Nikon 8397 ACULON AL11 Laser Rangefinder||$$||4.3/5|
|Second Choice||Wosports Laser Rangefinder - 700 Yards 6X 25mm Range finder for Golf and Hunting||$||4.2/5|
|Third Choice||Vortex Optics Ranger 1000 with Horizontal Component Distance Rangefinder RRF-101||$$$||4.8/5|
However, it’s not so easy to develop this skill. At the very least, you need to know the precise distance to your target so that you get the best chance of guiding your bullet into hitting the object you’re aiming at. For that purpose, you can just pick a rangefinder from the following excellent options:
When you’re out hunting at long range, you don’t really want a bulky rangefinder to bring along with you. Instead, you can take this Aculon rangefinder along and enjoy its compact portability. It only measures 3.6 inches at its longest point, and the weight is about 4.4 ounces without the batteries.
This offers instant readings for up to 550 yards. The view is very clear and bright and with its 6x magnification the targets can be seen more clearly. It also has a distant target priority mode, which means that it can hone in on targets that are partially blocked by brush or grass.
- The measurements can be in yards and meters, and the LCD display is uncluttered for easier viewing.
- It’s very easy to use as you only need to deal with 2 buttons (power and mode), and you get accurate results as well.
- With the long eye relief, you can use this with eyeglasses and sunglasses.
- It’s also water-resistant so you can use it in the rain.
- You can also use this for gold, though you need to practice getting a reading on pins without reflectors.
This is an ideal hunting and shooting companion, as it is so small and lightweight it won’t be a burden. It’s easy to use and works accurately enough for most shooters.
What if you have a somewhat larger budget for your rangefinder? Then get this one. In fact, you may end up with a bargain as this comes with a lifetime warranty. Of course, you may not really need a replacement at all since it is very sturdy and resistant to dust and moisture.
- The range can go up to 1,000 yards. That should help motivate you to extend your target range quite a bit.
- It compensates for height changes.
- It acquires the range measurement very quickly and you also have a bright OLED display.
- It has a belt clip and it even has a tripod socket too.
- It’s the most expensive on this list.
Giving you more knowledge about the Vortex Ranger 1000 Rangefinder, here is a short but complete product review:
You do, however get a lot of features for your money. What’s more, this will last you for a very long time.
Laser Rangefinder for Hunting and Golf, 700 Yards 6X 25mm Range finder with Speed, Scan and Fog measurement (700 Yards)
If you really have a smaller budget for a rangefinder, that doesn’t mean you’re out of luck. You may want to take a closer look at this rangefinder from Vortex Optics. This has a range of up to 700 yards, but you can see objects this far off with the 6x magnification and 25mm objective lens.
This works for all objects with varying degrees of reflectivity, whether you’re focusing on street signs, the wall of a building, or a tree. Use this for long range shooting and you can really redefine the distance you can shoot at with practice. Even at this price point, you still get accuracy to within a yard.
- This is very easy to bring along, as it only measures 4.3 inches at the most. The weight is also negligible at just 180 grams (6.3 ounces).
- This can be used for golf as well, and in fact it has the “PinSeeker” technology to find the flagstick more easily.
- Its durable body can also resist dust and water.
- The battery can last a while but it’s quite unique. So you may need to order a replacement online.
It’s quite accurate, and that really helps with long range shooting. If it’s not accurate, contact their customer support and they’re extremely helpful in getting you a replacement.
Never have to guess the exact distance to your target. With the best rangefinders for long range shooting, you won’t have to spend too much money and you’ll be much more accurate in the end. For shooters, accuracy is what counts!